Every year hundreds of bikes are stolen in Luxembourg. Do not make it easy for thieves. Follow these tips:
- Keep a record of all the details about your bike (frame number, make, model, serial number, colour, photos).
- Make sure you secure your bike properly: it is important to chain your bike to a fixed point, an object anchored in the ground (fence, post, etc.) so that it cannot be removed and taken away.
- Use a good padlock that forces the thief to put in more time and effort and use tools that will not go unnoticed.
- If possible, lock several bikes together.
- Avoid chaining your bike up in a deserted, concealed place.
- Insure your bike.
- Lock bikes away in a private cellar or garage, if possible.
- You can save information about your bicycle as well as other valuables using the "My Safe" function in the Police mobile app. (This function replaces the coding of the bicycles).