These days almost everyone has a mobile phone or a smartphone. As these devices often have considerable value, they have become a target for thieves.
How can you protect yourself against smartphone theft?
- Be aware and always keep your phone within your sight.
- Carry your smartphone in an inside pocket (if possible, one that fastens).
- In your car, never leave your phone in a place where it can be seen from outside.
- Secure your devices with a password.
- Backup your phone regularly so that you can restore your data if your device is stolen.
- Install a location tracking app on your smartphone so that you can locate it if it is stolen.
- Make a note of your phone's IMEI number (you can find it by typing *#06# into the phone keypad).