The Criminal investigation department (Service de police judiciaire - SPJ) conducts enquiries and investigations for more serious or complex crimes.
The SPJ has the following sections:
- crime against property (e.g. armed robbery, cyber crime);
- crime against persons (e.g. sexual offences and juvenile delinquency);
- organised crime (e.g. drugs);
- financial and economic crime (e.g. money laundering, financial and economic offences);
- support services (e.g. new technologies, crime scene investigation and forensics).
SPJ has its headquarters in Luxembourg/Hamm, with decentralised offices in the four Police regions.