Events with large numbers of spectators unfortunately also attract pickpockets. These thieves aim to steal items that the victim is carrying on them without them noticing. Pickpockets can sometimes be extremely dexterous, capable even of stealing objects in direct contact with the victim's body.
Follow these tips:
- Only take the cash and credit cards you actually need with you.
- Keep your bag closed at all times and never leave it unattended.
- Carry your bag in front of you.
- Carry your wallet and other valuables in an inside pocket in your jacket.
- Try to maintain a certain distance from strangers.